Friday, March 11, 2011

Talking Heads

Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked Talking Heads.

1. Psycho Killer “I can’t seem to face up to the facts, I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax. I can’t sleep cuz my bed’s on fire. Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire…”
What has kept you from a restful night’s sleep recently?

2. Life During Wartime “This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco…this ain’t no foolin around. No time for dancing or lovey dovey. I ain’t got time for that now…”
Where was the last nightclub or disco you went to?

3. Take Me To The River “Take me to the river. Dip me in the ocean. Take me to the river washing me down…”
When was the last time you took a dip in the water?

4. Found A Job “Their show gets high ratings, they think they have a hit. There might be a spin off, but they’re not sure ‘bout that”
What is your favorite TV spin off show of all time?

5. Once In A Lifetime “And you may ask yourself How do I work this? And you may ask yourself Where is that large automobile? And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful house! And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful wife!”
Are you happy with your choices of car, house and spouse/no spouse?

6. This Must Be The Place “Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view. I’m just an animal looking for a home, share the same space for a minute or two…”
Who has a face with a view?

7. Girlfriend Is Better “I got a girlfriend that’s better than this, and you don’t remember at all. As we get older and stop making sense, You won’t find her waiting long…”
What is the shortest date or relationship you have ever had?

8. Swamp “Everyone wants to explode. And when your hands get dirty, nobody knows you at all. Don’t have a window to slip out of . Lights on, nobody home”
Where was the last homeless person you saw and what was he/she doing?

9. Road To Nowhere “We’re on the road to paradise. Here we go. We’re on a road to nowhere, come on inside. Takin that ride to nowhere, we’ll take that ride”
When was the last time you took a day trip or a road trip?

10. And She Was "The word was movin and she was right there with it and she was”
Are you keeping up with the world? What piece of modern technology do you still need to own/use?

11. Wild Wild Life Sleepin on the interstate oh oh oh…getting wild wild life. Checkin in and checkin out oh oh oh, I got a wild wild life”
When was the last time you stayed at a motel/hotel and what town were you in?

12. Nothing But Flowers “Once there were parking lots, now it’s a peaceful oasis, you got it you got it. Once it was a pizza Hut, now it’s all covered with daisies. I miss the honky tonks, Dairy Queens and 7-11 s…”
What would you miss if nature grew back over malls and concrete?

13. Building On Fire “When my love stands next to your love, I can’t define love, when it’s not love…”
Define love.

Coming soon: Pink Floyd!

Don't forget to comment on everyone's posts!
Make YOUR artist requests in comments!

4 comments:

  1. Love Talking Heads! (Same as it ever was!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. Good to see you back Eric! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 comments:

    DJ KathyA said...

    Sorry to hear about your pain. Very brave and good of you to carry on without the meds. Love your positive attitude. Glad you have a good car and house. Yes, work on that 3rd: relationship ... it's worth it to save a partner. Wish I'd thought of the news as a spin off. lol Clever. No GPS? Never mind about 3D TV...Hologram TV is coming soon after to make it obsolete. ;-) Have a great weekend. Turn your clock ahead tomorrow night! Thanks for playing my meme.
    March 11, 2011 4:51 AM
    Jim said...

    Hi Kathy -

    The pain is nothing, I have been dealing with it for about 9 years now. It amazing what you can become use to.

    With all the new gadgets, I wonder how long it will take for somebody to invent black and white TV. It sure seems the shows were more entertaining when they were black and white.

    You have a great weekend also.
    March 11, 2011 9:44 AM

    Love you Meme.

    ReplyDelete