Friday, December 17, 2010

Paul Revere & the Raiders

Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked Paul Revere & the Raiders.

1. INDIAN RESERVATION “They took the whole Indian Nation, Locked Us on this reservation And though I wear a shirt and tie, I’m still a red man deep inside
Have you ever worn a uniform?

2. JUST LIKE ME “It’s just like me to say to you, love me do and I’ll be true. And what I’d like, for you to say, is you’ll come home to me each day”
Who was the first person you wanted to come home to you each day?

3. HUNGRY “Well I got this need I just can’t control and it’s driving me insane, because I’m hungry…”
What did you eat the last time you were really hungry?

4. LET ME “But I know my love is going somewhere, But I’m sure, it ain’t being got by you”
Ever admired someone for their talent?

5. HIM OR ME WHAT’S IT GOING TO BE? “I can still recall when you told me I was all, everything you looked for in a man, but I know that it’s not true, I see the way he looks at you, and I think you’re gonna hang me up again”
Ever been dumped for another person?

6. KICKS “Girl, you thought you found the answer on that magic carpet ride last night But when you wake up in the mornin' the world still gets you uptight”
Ever fall for a scam?
7. LOUIE GO HOME “Well hah I can still hear my baby moan, Louie go back home, I’d better go home…”
What is your fondest memory of being called home?

8. ACTION “Dance,dance, dance, let your backbone flip…let’s go to the place on the Sunset Strip!”
How do you get your backbone to flip?

9. DON’T TAKE IT SO HARD “And you shouldn’t take it so hard, no you, shouldn’t take it so hard…”
What have you taken too hard recently?

10. CINDERELLA SUNSHINE “Where do you go Cinderella Sunshine?”
What is your least favorite fairy tale?

11. TOO MUCH TALK “Too much talk and not enough action do you know anybody getting satisfaction. Everybody wonder’s bout the crowd reaction and the world gets better by a very small fraction”
Do you read tabloids? Which ones and why?

12. TIME AFTER TIME “But ya’all have emptied my mind time after time”…
What was the last boring speech or lecture you listened to?

13. I HAD A DREAM “I had myself a dream last night the same one. Havin it most every night now, since you’ve been gone…”
Ever have the same dream more than once? What was it about?


Artist next week: Holiday Rock 'n Roll Songs!

Make YOUR artist requests in comments!
Coming soon: Jimmy Buffett


No comments:

Post a Comment