Today we picked Tom Petty.
1. AMERICAN GIRL: “Well, she was an American girl Raised on promises
She couldn't help thinkin' That there was a little more to life somewhere else”
Have you ever wanted to live somewhere else? Where?
2. BREAKDOWN: “Honey, I get the feeling you wont. There is no sense in pretending
Your eyes give you away, Something inside you is feeling like I do…”
Have you caught someone in a lie recently?
3. YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT FEELS: “People come, people go, Some grow young, some grow cold. I woke up in between, A memory and a dream”
Do you live in the past?
4. THE WAITING: “The waiting is the hardest part, Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart, The waiting is the hardest part”
What have you had to wait for?
5. STOP DRAGGIN MY HEART AROUND: “Baby you'll come knocking on my front door
Same old line you used to use before. That's the game, well... what am I supposed to do
I didn't know what I was getting into”
Ever been a sucker?
6. REFUGEE: “Honey, it dont make no difference to me, Baby, everybodys had to fight to be free…”
Have you ever been in a physical fight with another person?
7. LAST DANCE WITH MARY JANE: “Last dance with Mary Jane, One more time to kill the pain, I feel summer creepin' in, And I'm tired of this town again…”
Have you ever tried marijuana or another illegal drug?
8. INTO THE GREAT WIDE OPEN: “He met a girl out there with a tattoo too
The future was wide open. They moved into a place they both could afford
He found a night club he could work at the door”
Have you done something on the spur of the moment that worked out fine?
9. HERE COMES MY GIRL: “Hey, here comes my girl, here comes my girl, Yeah, she looks so right, shes all I need tonight”
What do you need besides your significant other tonight?
10. HARD ON ME: “Maybe if I tried, I could turn the other cheek, Maybe, but how big do I have to be? I need someone To put their arm around me Shelter me from all harm…”
What is the worst thing you have forgiven someone for?
11. FREE FALLIN: “She's a good girl, loves her mama, Loves Jesus and America too She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis, Loves horses and her boyfriend too…”
What are 6 things you love or are crazy about?
12. EVEN THE LOSERS: “Baby, even the losers get lucky sometimes, Even the losers keep a little bit of pride. They get lucky sometimes”
Have you ever been a loser?
13. SHADOW OF A DOUBT: “With that little certain something, she's a complex kid, And she's always been so hard to get around. She always likes to leave me with a shadow of a doubt.”
What is the shadiest advice you have ever been told?
Artist next week: SIMON & GARFUNKEL!
Make YOUR artist requests in comments!
Paul Revere & the Raiders